What To Expect After Vein Ablation?
After a few days or a week, the damaged veins will start to disappear and become reabsorbed into your body. Your body will then create new veins and capillaries to ensure there is healthy blood flow.
While you’re recovering you should:
- Follow all instructions of your medical provider
- Take all prescribed medicines
- Clean and care for the catheter puncture site
- Clean and care for any additional incisions
- Elevate your legs regularly
- Wear your prescribed compression stockings as directed
- Go on a short walk a few times each day to promote circulation
- Avoid flying
- Avoid swimming jacuzzis, hot tubs, or using whirlpool baths
How Well Does Radiofrequency Vein Removal Work?
Radiofrequency vein removal has been used for over 20 years and has proven to be both safe and effective. Our patients report almost immediate improvements and relief from vein-related leg pain.
How Does RFA Work for Spider Veins?
Since spider veins are much smaller than varicose veins, and usually nearer to the surface of the skin, RFA can be used through a small handheld device to remove tiny spider veins.
Our facial spider vein patients report noticing results after a day or two after facial vein therapy. If you’re interested in another option for your vein treatments, our surgeons can recommend sclerotherapy and microphlebectomy treatments.